Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oprah and Denzel Talk up their New Movie


Oprah Winfrey and Denzel Washington provided an exclusive interview with Diane Sawyer. In the interview, they discussed their new film, "The Great Debaters" and also talk about the upcoming election. Winfrey's support for Senator Barack Obama has raised eyebrows, as this is a test of her ability to change the outcome of a presidential election. Winfrey, however, has claimed that her support for Obama doesn't imply that she is against any other candidate.

"I've always said this, that my being in support of Barack Obama is not my being against Hillary Clinton or anybody else," Winfrey told ABC News. "It's just that for this moment in time, this is what I know I am supposed to be doing. I feel compelled to do this. So my vote for is not a vote against anybody. It's just a vote for."

"Well obviously, Obama's great because I'm believing that the person that I'm speaking up for is gonna take it all the way," Winfrey said. "And then if that doesn't happen, I might readjust my thinking."

No comments: