Saturday, January 12, 2008

This election is about so much more than the Presidency. It is about fairness, due process, and equal protection under the law for all Americans including Black Americans. We have all seen the headlines that are direct evidence that justice isn't fair in this country. We are not only victims of injustice in criminal cases (Jena 6 case, Marion Jones sentenced to prison, and many of our people serving years for crimes that they didn't commit) but also victims of an unjust civil court system. We can make this election a civil rights victory for America and all of its' citizens. If we elect President Barack Obama he will have the opportunity to nominate federal judges and possibly Supreme Court Justices. After the President nominates the federal judges and Supreme Court Justices for appointment Congress must confirm them. A 2008 presidential victory for Obama will generally increase Democratic majorities in the House of Representatives and the Senate. Thereby giving the new President more leverage not only in subsequent appointment of federal judges but also in any Supreme Court appointments he may make. An increase in the Democratic majority in Congress will also help Obama on his domestic legislative agenda concerning things like health care, education, and improving the economy. As detailed in my e-mail to Dr. Berry, I contact many people and news outlets. Two of the people that I contacted were Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. I sent e-mails to Senator Clinton on numerous occasions. I wrote the e-mails before and after the unjust dismissal of my Title VII case by the District Court. Although my concerns and issues all occurred in The State of New York. Senator Hillary Clinton did not respond to my pleas for assistance and/or justice. It is my belief that she didn’t respond to my e-mails because of her ambition to become President. She did not want to upset the establishment and the white women (white men generally don’t vote for her) of New York. The "establishment" included Eliot Spitzer the current governor of New York State. During the course of my life and this case I lived in Rockford, IL. I leased an apartment and moved to Rockford to be near Jeremiah, my now four-year-old grand baby. My precious grand boy has had three open-heart surgeries at Children Hospital outside of Chicago. While living in Rockford I was a member of Saint Paul Church of God in Christ. During Obama's bid to become a senator, Michele Obama visited my church seeking our support for her husband.
Senator Obama’s office responded to my e-mail. His staff called me on the phone several times. In fact of all the law professors, senators, and new media outlets that I contact prior to 2007 he is the only one that responded. I believe that Senator Barack Obama can and will win the general election for president. He can win if we as a people trust God and vote for him in all of the upcoming primaries and in the general election. THE JUNE 5, 2005 E-MAIL From: Vera Richardson To: MFBERRY@SAS.UPENN.EDU Cc: vbelle@cox.net Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:39 AM Subject: Wants Perjury Charges Filed Against NYS Attorney General Office and Various NYS Employees Dear Dr. Berry: Please review this case you will discover that it is one of the worst cases of civil judiciary miscarriage of justice in America. Please help me to expose the misuse of Summary Judgment Motions in dismissing Title VII cases. I have scanned many of the documents of this case on my computer. The Defendants not only lied in declarations but also in their answer to the amended complaint, interrogatories, reply to documents demands, and during administrative hearings. On 5/28/05, an Erie County, NY Asst. District Attorney reviewed my documentation of multiple perjury allegations against NYS Attorney General's Office and various NYS employees. After his reviewed he referred me to the U. S. Justice Dept. I contacted the USJD and at their telephone request e-mailed them extensive documentation on May 29, 30, and 31, 2005. I need your help in getting perjury charges filed against Mike Russo, NYS Asst. Attorney Gen and all NYS employees who committed perjury in this case. As of today's date I haven't heard anything from USJD. in an effort to give this issue a voice, I sent e-mails to Hardball, Rivera-at-large, On the record, 60 minutes, Oprah, Senators Clinton, Barack Obama, Charles Ogletree Jr., Alan Dershowitz, various newspapers, and many others. I was told by the Erie County DA's office that the statute of limitations on perjury is 5 years. The declarations were submitted in Sept and November 2000. The perjured depositions were recorded on October 98 (1) June 8, 2000. (1) I am a black female. In 1997, I was involved in a Pro-Se Title VII lawsuit against NYS Department of Correctional Services and NYS Department of Civil Services. Both defendants were represented by the NYS Attorney General’s Office. I was a victim of employment discrimination and retaliation. After seeking redress, I was further victimized by the NYS Attorney General’s Office (“NYSAG”). The NYSAG Office willfully and knowingly filed perjured declarations and affirmations in support of and in opposition to summary judgment with the Western District Court of NY. These perjured declarations/affirmations were from Mike Russo, Asst. NYSAG; Supt. Andrews, G. Goncalves; Sgt. Reed, Lee Gould, Director of Personnel, Dep. Supt. Berbary, and M. Lindsey. I have and present to the District Court, the Appeal Court Second Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court, direct evidence (smoking guns) that shows the New York State Attorney General’s Office obtained summary judgment thereby dismissing my Title VII Pro-Se lawsuit by filing the above mentioned perjured declarations/affirmation. On May 25, 2001, Judge Elfvin issued a 24-page order granting NYSDOCS and New York State Department of Civil Services summary judgment motion and dismissed case number 97-CV-818(E). In addition to dismissing my case Judge Elfvin’s May 25, 2001 order, also denied my motion seeking sanctions against the Defendants for various discovery violations. In 2001, I filed a timely appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (No 01-7722). The appeal was denied on January 25, 2001. On April 2, 2002, I filed a motion with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsberg seeking an extension of time to file a petition for Writ of Certiorari with the U.S. Supreme Court. The above-mentioned motion was granted. I filed the Writ of Certiorari with the Supreme Court on June 24, 2002. The Supreme Court refused to review my case thereby affirming the Court of Appeals decision. Questions that I asked the U.S. Supreme Court to review: 1) Whether a Title VII Pro-Se petitioner should have survived summary judgment as a matter of law once she has established a prima facie case of discrimination and/or retaliation and produced direct evidence proving respondents non-discriminatory non-retaliatory reason to be FALSE? 2) Whether the respondents violations of Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) 8(b) denial of knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief, and FRCP 11(c) the filing of PERJURED declarations/affirmations by NYS Attorney General’s Office from NYS Asst. Attorney General Mike Russso, G. Goncalves, Supt. Andrews, Sgt. Reed, Dep. Supt. Berbary, Lee Gould, Director of Personnel and Sr. Personnel Clerk Mary Beth Lindsay so severely prejudiced petitioner’s case that is was impossible for her to properly defend against respondents’ summary judgment motion and to support her summary judgment motion. 3) Whether the respondents were judicial estoppel from their non-discriminatory retaliatory claim that petitioner was terminated because she was medically and psychologically unfit for her correctional officer’s position with NYSDOCS after she filed her Title VII claim. 4) Whether Title VII Pro-Se Petitioner adjudicated by the Social Security Administration as totally disabled due to work-related Major Depression and anxiety entitled to appointment of counsel? At the end of 2002 the United States Supreme Court refused to review my case. I read the “Purpose Driven Life” and received teaching from the “Purpose Driven Life” at two churches. I know that I was born black on February 18, 1954 to address and/or correct the way Title VII cases are improperly dismissed using FRCP Rule 56(c) Summary Judgment. All of the horrific experiences that I suffered by NYSDOCS and the way the NYS Attorney General handled Vera Richardson vs NYSDOCS and New York State will not be in vain. Respectfully,Vera Richardson (757)555-5555 Vera Richardson is the author of “A Case of Racial Discrimination and Retaliation Real or Imagined." http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615177018/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=









No comments: